Want to find information for your fundraiser quickly? We have two ways.
1. Use our FUNDRAISER SEARCH. It's a search engine that gives you links to the information that you want.
2. Or you can HAVE US FIND THE RIGHT FUNDRAISER FOR YOU. We have organizations standing by to assist you with finding the fundraiser that is right for you. Click here and fill in our free information form. You will recieve fundraising information and ideas in your email (and postal mail in many cases) to help you decide what kind of fundraiser is best for you. Click here for free fundraising information.
Seems like these days every celebrity is promoting a charitable cause. Celebrities are even partnering together on projects like the ONE Campaign, American Idol Gives Back and SixDegrees.org.
While celebrity promotion of charities looks like a new trend, it?s really something that many groups have done for years. From large to small groups, many causes can benefit from having a celebrity as a champion.
Now when you hear the word celebrity you might think of movie stars? but entertainers are just one kind of celebrity endorser. A local non profit or school can partner with local business leaders, minor league sports players or anyone of interest or influence in your town.
Here are several ways to partner with celebrities to boost your cause:
1. Honorees - Choose a person to honor at a banquet or dinner. Friends of the honoree will want to attend the event and those who don?t know the honoree may want to come to get a chance to meet someone they ordinarily would not.
2. Spokesperson ? A spokesperson serves as the public face for a non profit organization and/or cause. They often will endorse fundraising letters, television commercials or PSA?s and attend events to support the cause.
3. Special Events ? Ever notice how many celebrities ride the floats at the Macy?s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Sometimes just having celebrities in attendance at a special event will boost the profile of the event.
4. Celebrity Auction Items ? Having items donated by celebrities or related to celebrities can boost interest and bids in silent, live or online auctions.
5. Meet & Greet - Give attendees at your event a structured way to meet celebrities such as an autograph line and/or photo opportunity. Major or minor league athletes, politicians, and musicians are good choices. Kids like to meet costumed characters?the Easter bunny, Power Rangers, and even McGruff the Crime Dog are celebrities to them!
So as you can see there?s a variety of ways that your group can use the power of celebrity involvement to gain publicity and funds. Talk to your immediate circle of supporters to find out who in your community supports your cause and would be willing to help out in some way. You might be surprised what the outcome will be!
Jennifer Lawton is a contributor at http://SuperFundraiser.com. This website provides information about fundraising based upon research and personal experience of veteran fundraisers. Get your free Super Fundraiser Profile to save time and raise more funds.
Top 10 Tips For Fundraising Success
Want to make more sales and have a more successful fundraiser? Check out these 10 tips!
Get Your Fundraiser Noticed
The popular saying "if you build it they will come" may be wishful thinking so don't assume that everyone will find out about your fundraiser. Make sure you get the word out ahead of time and make it as visible as possible. Here are four ideas to get you started.
How to Reach Your Fundraising Financial Goals
These simple tips will help you to maximize your profits.
6 Ways to Motivate Your Fundraising Group
Motivate your group members to maximize your profit.
What's The Scoop On Cookie Dough Fundraisers?
Cookie dough fundraising is becoming very popular with many fundraising groups today. It's no surprise, since freshly baked cookes are as easy to sell, as they are to eat!
Event Fundraising Ideas
Have you thought about how much money you can raise doing a special event? Check out these ideas!